• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 5 "An error appeared while registering your product"

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to register serial number for old version (photo elements 5). I type in serial number in the correct format and I KNOW it's correct serial number, for a lifetime license product. The error msg says "An error appeared while registering your product" Nothing else. No suggestions of what to do, what problem might be etc. And it looks like Adobe offers no support other than "community"?? Is that correct. 

My hard drive crashed, I have the S/N, and I want to use the legally licensed software I paid good money for. Help. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error message while registering Photoshop Elements 5. 

Would you mind checking out this article https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Elements 5 did include activation technology, I believe the activation server was shut down along with the CS2 activation server shutdown back in 2013. So no amount of troubleshooting will enable Elements 5 to be activated.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/unable-to-activate-photoshop-elements-6-0/td-p/10093...

I think this query relates to registering rather than activating. Registering such old software today would be pointless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On really old versions of the software, registration was optional. Maybe yours is that old.  Certainly, support ended 9 years ago. If it works, rejoice and ignore warnings about registering. I assume you're on Windows; mac users can't even use last year's apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines