Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop Elements 6

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear sir,

I have just bought a second hand MacBook Pro 2015 and after having my Photoshop Elements 6 installed from the purchased CD on my previous MacBook Pro 2007. Because of the upgrades of the systems my new MacBook won't accept this older version. How can I upgrade and install a newer version without having to buy a new Photoshop? 

Yours sincerely 

Bjorn

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021
Bjorn, PSEv.6 is no longer supported by Adobe. You will have to purchase the latest version of the software.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bjorn,

PSEv.6 is no longer supported by Adobe. You will have to purchase the latest version of the software.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, in your case there is no way to avoid upgrading to a newer photoshop elements version at a cost.

You can often find photoshop elements 2021 at your local retail store for cheaper than on the adobe website.

Apple made major changes to macOS Catalina and macOS Big Sur so they only run 64 bit software and not any older 32 bit software like your photoshop elements 6.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines