• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 8 not compatible with MacOS Big Sur (11.1)

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't updated my Mac OS for quite a while, so when I upgraded to Big Sur my Elements version 8 has now stopped working as it's not compatible. I've tried to see if there was any kind of upgrade as I paid over £100 for the software when new, and all I can see is to buy it again for £85. Why should I pay to buy it again when it was working just fine until I upgraded my OS last night? 

What are my actual options? Is there a free upgrade, or even a discounted upgrade to a newer version? I'm really annoyed that this software doesn't work anymore just because I decided to upgrade the OS.

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You gotta buy te latest version.... Free upgrade? Never.  During the checkout process ( if you buy it from the adobe site, and you've registered that ancient version) there is a box you check for "I've got a previous version,"  Adobe verifies it right quick, and you get $20 off, typically. 

With photshop elements it's never "an upgrade" -- each version is a brand new installation.

Typically only a couple of "behind the scenes" type of updates are issued-- it's never any new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>> I'm really annoyed that this software doesn't work anymore just because I decided to upgrade the OS.

I sympathise. Blame Apple who removed support for your version in Catalina - the OS before Big Sur.

You'll have to upgrade to Elements 2021 to use it on Big Sur. £100 on Elements 8, which is nearly 12 years old, is a very good run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines