Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 9 update / upgrade

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently found an old version of Elements 9 that I had forgotten about. Is it still possible to use and update that with High Sierra? It installed from the DVD and generally works (Organizer crashes though). However, the update process generally fails for Camera RAW and Elements and crashes after. Any idea? 

If it won't work, is there a way to upgrade it to the recent version or is it basically buying it from scratch?

Last but not least, would I be able to make it work on a WIN10 machine or is it the same scenario there?

Thanks,

Peter

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Peter,

1. I have PSEv.8 working on WIN 10. I do not have PSEv.9 in order to test it. Install it on your machine  - nothing to lose.

2. Forget about using this old version on a Mac

3. If you purchase the current version of PE from Adobe, they may give you a discount as a repeat customer. However, shop around in the big box stores & Amazon, as you may find a better price.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

1. I have PSEv.8 working on WIN 10. I do not have PSEv.9 in order to test it. Install it on your machine  - nothing to lose.

2. Forget about using this old version on a Mac

3. If you purchase the current version of PE from Adobe, they may give you a discount as a repeat customer. However, shop around in the big box stores & Amazon, as you may find a better price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you very much, that's good advice! I'll have a look.

Have a nice weekend!
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Elements 9 will not run on my Mac OS Big Sur version 11.2.1. How can I update this version to run on Mac OS Big Sur?

Don

My Elements 9 will not run on my Mac OS Big Sur version 11.2.1. How can I update this version to run on Mac OS Big Sur?

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You purchase the latest version. Sometimes it really is that simple. 

Easy photo editing software | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "update" for this version. You can upgrade to the currenr version via purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hi hats tend,
  2. I have Element 9, on win 11, but have tried to do updates, but get an error and can't update.
  3. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Robert,

Adobe does not provide an update for this old version of the software.

You can "upgrade" to the most recent version. Suggest that you install the free 30-day trial, and if it is satisfactory, you can purchase it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines