• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements camera Raw and Sony .ARW extensions

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? Hi, I have recently re- installed photoshop elements 12 after an Adobe bug wanting me to re-register my product.

Now I am unable to load Sony camera .ARW files, I get a photoshop message saying something like it doesn't support this extension. Well prior to the re-install of this version of photoshop elements I have processed hundreds of .ARG files from the same camera in raw without a hitch, After much searching, Adobe hopeless help, google and forums and downloading the .dng file converter which works but  it is wow such an incredibly clunky way to process raw files. Any help in trying to resolve this hitch would be very much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

This camera raw 8.5 updater should work to get you camera raw 8.5 in pse 12 that will open your Sony Alpha ILCE-6000 files.

Just download, extract the zip and run the AdobePatchInstaller.exe.

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/PhotoshopCameraRawForElements12-8.0/8.5.50/setup.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Help>Updates from within the pse 12 editor to update camera raw?

What model Sony camera do you have?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff

Thanks for your response.

I have tried help and updates in pse 12 and there appears that there are no updates pending.

My camera is a Sony Alpha ILCE-6000. It is in the list of supported adobe supported raw cameras.

I am using windows 10. os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camera raw 8.5 updater should work to get you camera raw 8.5 in pse 12 that will open your Sony Alpha ILCE-6000 files.

Just download, extract the zip and run the AdobePatchInstaller.exe.

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/PhotoshopCameraRawForElements12-8.0/8.5.50/setup.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff

Genius, job done, very much appreciated.

Kind regards 

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue with my Sony a7c. But the link posted in this thread is not opening for me (maybe its expired?).  Does anyone have an updated link or information for a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your Sony A7C needs at least camera raw 13.1, so the above link wouldn't help.

What version of photoshop elements and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines