Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements - Can I make a mockup dress

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi šŸ™‚ 

I sell fabrics and I would like to show my customers how a dress can look like in certain fabrics. So I have bought af dress mockup on Creative Market. The image is of a lady in a grey dress and I am supposed to change the image by "putting" an image of my fabric on as a layer instead of the grey dress. Do you know what I mean? I am a total newbie in Photoshop Elements and I have used the last 2 days just trying everything on the computer and nothing is working. Is it possible to to this with Elements? I can't afford the full version of Photoshop with monthly billings and all, so if Elements doesn't do the trick, then I'm lost. Please, can anybody help.

With regards

Anette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Hi Anette.  It depends on how sophisticated you want the dress to look.  If you simply want to place your pattern within the outlines of the dress shape, that is fairly easy to do with Elements.  You would get a result like this:

Snap_2023.01.27_12h7m2s_001.png

If you want the drapes of the dress to show through, that takes a lot more work.  Let us know and we can show you the best way to achieve what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Hi Anette.  I have created a 10 minute tutorial that you can watch on YouTube.  Hope it suits your needs.  Please let us know if you have any questions or need further guidance.  I have not used your sample photo in the tutorial as I don't want to infringe on anyone's copyrighted material.  Instead, I used an old photo of my daughter's wedding dress which had a plastic wrapping over it.  This made the selection process a little more complex.  Hopefully, this doesn't complicate your understanding

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anette.  It depends on how sophisticated you want the dress to look.  If you simply want to place your pattern within the outlines of the dress shape, that is fairly easy to do with Elements.  You would get a result like this:

Snap_2023.01.27_12h7m2s_001.png

If you want the drapes of the dress to show through, that takes a lot more work.  Let us know and we can show you the best way to achieve what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, the image you made that is exactly want I want šŸ™‚  It's perfect, thank you ā¤ļø Please show me how. I'm going to bed now, but will check this again in the morning. Again thank you very much šŸ™‚ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anette.  I have created a 10 minute tutorial that you can watch on YouTube.  Hope it suits your needs.  Please let us know if you have any questions or need further guidance.  I have not used your sample photo in the tutorial as I don't want to infringe on anyone's copyrighted material.  Instead, I used an old photo of my daughter's wedding dress which had a plastic wrapping over it.  This made the selection process a little more complex.  Hopefully, this doesn't complicate your understanding of the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me. And what a fantastic og detailed tutorial you've made.I'm so grateful. I studied your video second by second and now I've learned it. Thank you šŸ™‚ With regards Anette 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines