• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Crashes Upon Opening

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working fine for several weeks Photoshop Elements 2022 has started crashing upon startup.  I had this very same issue with the Photoshop Elements 2020 version that I had been using for exactly one year until it suddenly started crashing as well.  I couldn't find a solution so I finally just paid for and installed PSE 2022 which I wasn't happy about having to do but nothing else worked.  Again, the 2022 version worked fine for about 6 weeks but is now doing the same thing the 2020 version did - crashing upon startup. 

I tried every item except one in this list:  https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/organizer-crashes-launch-does-not-start.html and nothing works.  The only option I wasn't able to try was "Reset Saved Preferences" because the instructions didn't correlate to what I was seeing on my screen:  After providing a name for the catolog and clicking "OK" it didn't respond to the third step to "Launch the Preferences dialog (Ctrl/Cmd + K)", it just automatically crashed again right after clicking "OK".  

I'm on a Macbook with Catalina version 10.15.7.  Same computer and OS I was using with PSE 2020. 

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7.  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

I'm at a total loss of what to do and very frustrated since I already had this same issue with PSE 2020 and paid to upgrade to PSE 2022 as the last ditch solution, and am now having the same problem again.  

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To clarify, it's the Organizer that is continually crashing upon startup.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines