• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements does not respond when running Camera Raw

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to contact support directly. Not just through the support community?
Having the opportunity to describe and troubleshoot my problem. Look at logs e.g.
Is there any such support for Photoshop Elements?
If you look at the website and support (Help Center), Elements is not an option.
If you choose e.g. In Photoshop, there is also no choice for direct contact with support.
I have a case in the Community that Camera Raw, in PSE2022, freezes almost immediately when I start using it (Photoshop Elements does not respond)

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is the normal way to contact Adobe support directly, with Photoshop and Elements as well.

In the editor, menu Help >>Support... look at the bottom right corner, in the small circle you have a bubble talk with 3 dots: click on that bubble and and answer 'agent' to get into contact by chat with an Adobe support member.

Now, can you access the first stage of the opening of ACR and click on the clog wheel in my screenshot, top right ?

If you can, can you restore settings to 'Adobe default' ?

ACR13.3Untitled-1.jpg

The problem with ACR in Elements is that it's a different version from the full one in Photoshop and that Photoshop ACR experts often don't know the differences.

As you can see, I have manually installed a newer version of ACR following this tech doc:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now tested manually updating Camera Raw 13.3 to 14.2. No improvement. Have also tried uninstalling all Adobe programs and reinstalling PSE. No improvement. There was an update now for both PSE and Raw (ACR to 14.1). Negative result.
I just have to open Camera Raw, without making any adjustments, it will lock after a short while.
Have also tested chatting with support. But it was just an AI support so it gave nothing.
Had hoped to be able to describe the error to some real person who could help with checking logs e.g.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now tested manually updating Camera Raw 13.3 to 14.2. No improvement. Have also tried uninstalling all Adobe programs and reinstalling PSE. No improvement. There was an update now for both PSE and Raw (ACR to 14.1). Negative result.
I just have to open Camera Raw, without making any adjustments, it will lock after a short while.
Have also tested chatting with support. But it was just an AI support so it gave nothing.
Had hoped to be able to describe the error to some real person who could help with checking logs e.g.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should only bother with maually updating camera raw only if you need it to support a new camera format.  

Some users spend alot of time worrying about always having the latest version installed, and they dont need to. 

This seems to me, from my perspective anyway, a user caused error.

No reason to post "logs"- they generally don't help ---

In the past, when "the workaround" was published, users were messing things up pretty badly, and blaming Adobe, even though things were entirely their fault.

Please provide a screenshot of the exact same area on your computer.

2022-02-23_034641.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can contact Adobe Support by telephone using the numbers listed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines