• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Editor 2020 will not open on Mac OSX 12.1 Monterey

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone (Adobe?) help me open Photoshop Elements Editor 2020 on my Mac

• I have downloaded and reinstalled Photoshop Elements 2020 Version 18.0 (20200120.m.139570)
  • I have upgraded to Mac OSX 12.1 Monterey
  • I have restarted my Mac (multiple times) including in Safe Boot Mode
  • But Photoshop Elements Editor 2020 will not open.
  • My Mac is a 64 Bit Intel Processor and Photoshop Elements Editor 2020 runs on 64 bit Intel Processors
  • I can open Photoshop Elements 2020, and when I click on Photo Editor the message "Loading Photoshop Elements Editor 2020 Workspace" appears. I can also double click on the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app in the Application Folder and when I do, the Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app briefly appears as a process in Activity Monitor. However, the worksoace does not appar, and the process in Activity Monitor simply closes again.
  • In System Settings, Photoshop Elements Editor 2020 has Full Disk Access
  • I have tried removing all Application Support folders that may be relevant inclding:
    • /Users/[Username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Elements Organizer
    • /Users/[Username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Photoshop Elements
  • But Photoshop Elements Editor 2020 simply, will not open.
  • Please can someone suggest what could be wrong and how to simply open Photoshop Elements Editor 2020 
TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements 2020 is not supported to work with an OS (Monterey) that was released 2 years later.  And Apple apparently does not make its new OS compatible with legacy software authored by other companies.  According to the system requirements issued upon its release, even the latest version of Elements (2022) was not supported to work with Monterey.  But there has been a recent update for Elements 2022 and it seems to be working OK for everyone who has also updated Monterey to version 12.1.  Adobe has said that Elements 2021 will also work with Monterey 12.1.  But I have not seen anyone else with Elements 2020 say that it is working for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines