• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Incompatible with Mac OS 12.0.1 Monterey?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to reach someone at Adobe who understands the problem and is working on fixing it?  Any idea how long it might take to get a version that is compatible?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One comment in another thread basically saying "Yeah, we know", but that's it.    You can't do anything about it, but wait.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had PSE 20 on my Mac (OS 12.0.1) for less than 2 weeks. It refused to open the first day. I thought maybe the install had been interrrupted or something so I did it again. A result: the Organizer opened but nothing else did.

The next day the Welcome page opened but none of the buttons in that window responded when clicked (the Editor, the Organizer). All I got was the spinning beach ball thing. I was able to open the Editor from my Dock, tho, and the Editor worked fine. Yay!

It's opened OK 4 more times; I've had 4 more opportunities to use it.  Worked well, no issues. I thought everything was OK.

Now, today, it refuses to open. NOTHING works. Lots of bouncing in the Dock, then force quits. Sometimes the icons don't even bother to bounce. They just sit there with the little "open" dot under them, looking like the thing is open but it isn't.

The Welcome page buttons do respond now, tho, except that they don't open anything. Spinning beach balls & bouncing in the Dock.

I've been using versions of PSE since 2006. They opened! They worked. No surprises, no fails. 

This is disappointing, to say the least. I need the app and I can't afford to lose the money I spent on it. 

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Adobe support tried to troubleshoot, but then noted I have Monterey and said Adobe is working with Apple on the issue.  sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this link will work:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/does-photoshop-elements-2022-work-with...

Sounds like Adobe's working on the issue. 

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines