• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop [Elements] on iMac & iPad!

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from 15 to 2021 on iMac, thinking I could add IPad as second device.  However, seems I have to but another copy of product.  I would rather use my iPad as the main device, so how do I swop?  Or is it possible to use on both.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Hi @Chalkywhite ,

Yes, Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are very different Adobe products.

Photoshop is professional grade, subscription only software with a full robust feature set. You pay a monthly fee to use Photoshop.

Photoshop Elements is pay-once-own-forever. It is more amateur level and consumer focussed. It is more suited to hobbyists and families. It is frequently used for photo albums and scrapbooking although it can do much more than that.

wrote:
Yes, but i am being asked for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chalkywhite wrote:

I upgraded from 15 to 2021 on iMac

You've posted in the Photoshop forum but those version numbers suggest you're using Photoshop Elements..

Do you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop elements. Guess I have done this wrong.

Sent from my iPhone Wendy White

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop for the iPad should be available to you. Have you downloaded the Creative Cloud app on your iPad and signed in? If you have Photoshop Elements, that is a different animal.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but i am being asked for payment. I had wrongly assumed I could use on both iMac and new iPad. Photoshop elements I guess is very different.

Sent from my iPhone Wendy White

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chalkywhite ,

Yes, Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are very different Adobe products.

Photoshop is professional grade, subscription only software with a full robust feature set. You pay a monthly fee to use Photoshop.

Photoshop Elements is pay-once-own-forever. It is more amateur level and consumer focussed. It is more suited to hobbyists and families. It is frequently used for photo albums and scrapbooking although it can do much more than that.

wrote:
Yes, but i am being asked for payment.

I assume you mean you're being asked for payment for Photoshop for iPad.

Photoshop for iPad is a new Adobe subscription product which can be purchased separately or is included with Photoshop (not Elements) Cloud plans. It is full Photoshop for iPad. So very different to your Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,
Thank you
Yes, being asked to pay for Photoshop on iPad.
I want to enhance scanned in images of my artwork before printing or production of other products.
I have upgraded Photoshop Elements at £70 which I probably didn’t need to. 15 was working fine. Stupidly, I deleted that version and no longer have a serial number.
So expensive mistake. I will try trial period of Photoshop on my new iPad Pro and go from there.
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Chalkywhite Adobe usually stores serial numbers under your Adobe ID when you register your software - registration is normally an automatic step when you install and activate.

If you sign into your Adobe account at www.adobe.com, you should find your Elements 15 serial number listed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines