• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Organiser 13: Can't start slideshow

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am operating an iMac which is just over a year old with Mojave OS.

Over the past three or four months I have loaded 1400 photos into Organiser 13 and I have just tried to set up my first slideshow using about a dozen of those photos. I have followed Adobe's instructions (helped by a couple of You Tube videos). At the final stage of preparing the slideshow, after selecting a theme, I click 'done' and a progress bar briefly appears - and then the screen goes black, except for a small bar containing a pause button and buttons for Edit, Save, Export and Exit. Clicking on any of those only returns me to the thumbnails.

How do I avoid the black screen and get the slideshow to run properly?

My thanks for any help you can offer.

TOPICS
Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my original post I have just tried quitting Organiser and backing up the catalogue since my previously reported attempt at creating a slideshow.  For the first time ever whilst using Organiser I received an error message.  I did not entirely understand its contents but since it includes the word 'slideshow' I though I would attach a screengrab of the message in case it helps explain what has gone wrong since I attempted a slideshow.  Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 12.06.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac OS local snapshots are made if the backup drive or temp storage is not available. If you use an external hard drive try mounting it to see if that makes any difference.

This Apple link has more information:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I shall look into that and will let you know how I get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I ejected the Time Machine drive and then tried again to create a slideshow and it worked!

I gave the slideshow a name and then quit.  I've now reopened Slideshow to continue working - but I can't see how to reopen my saved slideshow, even though I've checked the Help pages.  So how do I reopen my saved Slidshow? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A slideshow is normally saved as a PSE project in the Organizer. Check you have them set to display from the menu:

View >> Media Types

You could temporarily uncheck photos, audio and video; so that only projects are displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines