Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Organiser not loading

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just installed Photoshop Elements 2020 and Premiere Elements 2020 on my Mac OSX 10.13.6.

I did not install the 2021 versions because this requires the newer OSX 10.14 and above. Both appear to be working (in that they open) but Elements Organiser will not open, crashing on each attempt. I am therefore unable to upload any photos at the moment.

I have checked for updates to my graphgics card (although I believe these are automatic with Apple), I have uninstalled, re-started my computer and re-installed the software - all without success. Can anyone help with this please? I attach a screenshot of the message I receive. Thanks.

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a similar message on Windows. The solution was to keep the shift key pressed while launching the organizer. This opens a dialog offering to open the organizer with a new empty catalog. There must be an equivalent for Macs.

The message itself points to a 'corrupt' catalog, which seems strange after a new install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. Holding the shift key does indeed bring up the dialogue box - I hadn't seen this before and got quite excited. Unfortunately, after creating a new catalogue, I got the same result. Organiser still fails to open 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try Resetting the Preferences as mentioned here https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/organizer-crashes-launch-does-not-start.html?

Also, try other steps if Preferences does not solve it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From the crash report I get the following: 'Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread'.

From the Apple help forum, I am informed this is a problem with the software. 

Could this be correct?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your link Nidhi, I did check my Applications folder but don't have the file they ask me to change. Here's a screen shot of what I see.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines