• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Organizer 2021 impossibly slow

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Photoshop Elements 2021 on my newly purchased Mac Mini running Big Sur. The Editor works OK, but the Organizer is very slow. It is impossible to scroll through the gallery of thumbnails. Opening and closing thumbnails by double clicking takes 3 to 6 seconds in each case. I have been using Photoshop Elements very happily with older versions for very many years now, and I am puzzled and disappointed to find that this up-to-date software on an up-to-date computer is simply not fit for puurpose.

Mac Mini (M1, 2020); macOS Big Sur 11.5.2; 8GB RAM

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021, Version 19.0

TOPICS
Mac , Organizer , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a "I'm willing to bet" comment...

It's busy running facial reeconition stuff-- it took my computer about 4 days for the organizer to finish doing it's thing for it to be normal the first time I loaded imaged into it.  

The problem is probably what the arrows are poining to- till all your photos get analyzed organizer will be a bit slugglish. 2021-08-30_165500.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this, Glenn. I have done as you suggested, but unfortunately it hasn't made any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can test Glenn's theory by turning of all media analysis and seeing if it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines