Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the drop-down menus in adobe elemnts organizer 2022 do not open

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out on the PSE forums. Could you please share more details, which menu exactly and if possible a screenshot as well?

Thanks and regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is crazy - when I click on any of the menu items top left or right click on any image nothing happens and I cannot see the dropdown menus at all BUT when I take a screenshot I can see the menus??? Whats going on please helpScreen Shot 11-29-21 at 10.54 AM.JPGScreen Shot 11-29-21 at 10.52 AM.JPGScreen Shot 11-29-21 at 10.53 AM.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shows what I see on the screen....pse1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new HP laptop and new Elements 2022.  None of the drop down boxes in Elements is populated in Organizer.  Sometimes they have a partial list that is grayed out.  Tried all of the fixes I can find but nothing has worked.  No response from customer service.  Now I just want my money back, clearly Adobe has ignored this for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a possible performance issue.  I see from your screenshot that the program has started to perform face recognition on a large catalog.  Try pressing Ctrl+K to get to the preferences dialog and turn off all Media Analysis.  See whether that makes a difference.  If it does, you are just going to have to be patient if you want face recognition and other media analysis to be performed.  I suggest leaving the computer on overnight while the process moves forward.  Depending on your computer specs., it may take several days for a catalog your size.

BUT, it also appears that the analysis is taking place on an old catalog.  Did you try to convert your most recent catalog from an older version of Elements?  If so, the conversion would have converted all face recognition information previously conducted.  Please let us know the history of your catalog management.  It may be possible that there is a simpler solution to your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have turned off face recognition which I have never bothered using even on my old catalogue (from elements 12.)

I have reset all face data too.

Doesnt seem to make any difference, menus still wont open 😞

When my mouse hovers over the menu titles  (File, Edit etc) I get a white box around the menu title but to action - could something be corrupted??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Io ho lo stesso problema tanto è vero che ho iniziato questa discussione nel forum. Comunque nel mio caso il problema stranamente si presenta solo a schermo intero mentre se lo ridimensiono anche di pochissimo i menu compaiono normalmente. A questo punto penso si tratti di un #bug del programma

I have the same problem so much so that I started this discussion in the forum. However in my case the problem strangely occurs only in full screen while if I resize it even a little the menus appear normally. At this point I think it is a #bug of the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes the only way I can see the menu items is to slightly minimise the screen, then its OK. Clearly a bug in the software that needs to be sorted by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same fix also applies in Elements 2021, a bug that has been around for some consecutive versions and not, as yet, sorted out by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Patricia25844793ykle, you haven't told us what you have tried.  If you are on Windows, do you have auto-hide task bar turned on?  If so, turn it off.

Don't know what you mean by no response from customer service.  If you are outside the US, customer service hours are limited to normal workdays.  This is a user to user forum.  So, obviously, we cannot help you with getting a refund. 

You can start a chat session with Adobe Support by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help and Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  The hours of support operation are listed in the telephone number link I have provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I confirm the bug and solution suggested by Massimo21880267fja3 and greyman46 :

I run PS Elements 2022 v20.0 under Windows11, and the menu items are still not visible unless minimizing the screen... or switching to "places" (lieux, in french) view and then back to classic view. Still a bug to be fixed then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines