• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Organizer - Analyzing faces keeps on running but will take months by this speed .

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technical Information: Mac OS High Sierra 10.13, Photoshop Elements 2020

I have upgraded to Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020. The proces of analyzing facing faces started and is continuing now for a long a time. However the count says it is now at photo 15629 of 78950 pictures. The speed is about 100 photo's per hour and so it wil take ages to be finished. Also my laptop is making overhours .... What can I do to speed up the process (I like the recognized faces), or how can I stop the proces?

Thanks so much for your answer!

TOPICS
Mac , Organizer , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit >> Preferences >> Media Analysis

You can stop the process for Photos, Videos or both. Maybe re-start when more convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, let me say that I know nothing about Macs.

Your reported speed of 100 images per hour seems very slow (and it will likely get slower as you proceed).  Where are your photos stored - on an internal or external drive?

Have you tried naming any of the stacks in the UnNamed People room?  Until you start naming people and helping the artificial intelligence along, the program may think that faces of the same person shown in a different light/profile/with or without glasses/hat are different people and will put them into separate stacks.  As you name people, the program will learn that it is the same person and will have less work to do.  (At least, that's my theory.)  I don't know whether this will help but it may.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines