• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop elements organizer and RAW editor

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS Elements 2020, and I would like to start editing a jpg file in the RAW editor.
In Elements Organizer, I have only one option - Edit with Photoshop Elements editor.
If I do this, I have an option to Open in Camera Raw, but the program shows a list of files (it does not open in the same folder).
If I select the desired file, I am not able to open it. I have to close the opened file first.
Is it possible to open a JPG file straight from Organizer in RAW editor or switch the opened unedited JPG file to edit it in the RAW editor?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been and still is my number one feature request for Elements. Remember that in the past, John R Ellis had offered a nice add-on to open files directly from the organizer into ACR. Nothing like this today. My requests in this forum and in the feedback forum never got any answer, and you easily imagine why: now Elements must not compete with LR, only bring fancy and automatic features for immature 'consumers'...

Now, there has been nice changes to the limited ACR Elements plugin, namely the ability to open many files at the same time, including jpegs. So, you might take advantage of my workaround to be able to edit jpegs as well as raws directly from the organizer and to take advantage of the parametric editing of ACR.

The key is that if you open and save a jpeg (or a psd/tiff/png file) once in the ACR by 'Open in ACR' it will automatically open in ACR from the organizer next time, allowing you to work indifferently on raws and jpegs in the same editing session.

My advice is to set the preferences of the ACR plugin to use the 'auto' settings. Then you open a batch of the jpegs in ACR in the editor just after downloading. (Yesterday I opened a batch of more than 100 easily). You select all, add a common negligible change like sharpening and you click 'Done' to be sure the change is recognized. Now, those files should automatically open in ACR from the organizer. I find this additional batch step saves me a lot of time in editing afterwards, considering that most of my edits can be done fully in ACR without detail retouching. Global tones and color, clarity, sharpening, lossless cropping and tilting and much more. I don't even need to create a jpeg version set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines