• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements picks up stylus in wrong spot

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Microsoft surface pen, and for whatever reason it won't pick up right on there, instead of making lines where i need it to, it makes lines further down, to the right, so if i draw on the right, nothing happens, but once I move it to the left and draw in the upper corner, lines are made, why won't it do it at the spot im pointing? The stylus works fine otherwise

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a Surface Pro 4, installed Photoshop Elements 2021 yesterday as a trial version and had the same experience.

After googling and trying around, I think I found the solution:

In PSE menu under Edit / Preferences / Display & Cursor / set the UI scaling factor to automatic.

Close PSE.

Go to the system folder C / Programs / Adobe / Photoshop Elements 2021 / right click on the file PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe / Properties / Compatibility / Change High DPI settings / check High DPI scaling and under that activate System. Then OK and Apply. Close everything.

Then open PSE. Now it should work. With me it was in any case so.

This is a translation from German into English. I hope it is understandable and the terms in the program settings are present in the English menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines