• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements RAW files

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements Version 18.0 bought in 2020. Lately when I open a RAW photo I see red streaks and splotches on some objects in the photo. These streaks do not appear however in the JPG of the same photo nor do they appear when I look at the photo in my Nikon ViewNX software. Also, the red streaks do not print. Has my Elements software been corrupted somehow?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

I have Photoshop Elements Version 18.0 bought in 2020. Lately when I open a RAW photo I see red streaks and splotches on some objects in the photo. These streaks do not appear however in the JPG of the same photo nor do they appear when I look at the photo in my Nikon ViewNX software. Also, the red streaks do not print. Has my Elements software been corrupted somehow?

By bbernstein1965@comacast.net

Maybe those 'streaks' are 'highlight clipping warnings'?

Have a look at the small triangle ico

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing with the raw files.  If your program has become corrupted, you can bring it back to out-of-the-box condition by resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By bbernstein1965@comacast.net

Maybe those 'streaks' are 'highlight clipping warnings'?

Have a look at the small triangle icon on the top right of the color histogram. This would be to warn you that a R,G,B channel at least is clipped by overexposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure Michel is correct in his diagnosis.  Here is a screenshot of what the overexposure clipping looks like.  You can turn it off by clicking on the triangles mentioned.  (Underexposure/shadow clipping will appear as blue streaks.)

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.11_12h27m49s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it.Thanks for the help Michael and Greg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines