Exit

Photoshop Elements - Save As Dialog box

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on an iMac Pro running Monterey 12.0.1

I have Photoshop Elements 2020 build - 18.0 (20200120.m.129570 x64

Since installing Monterey I have noticed that the Save As dialog box keep shifting lower on my display.  For example, I save change to a photo I am editing.  When I make another change and initiate a Save As the dialog pops up about an inch or two lower and to the left of its last position.  

Any thoughts on a fix.  And yes, I realize an upghrade is the best option.  Just checking to see if there is anything else I should look at first.

TIA

Nate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NateC55 

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Restore default preferences
Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.
A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, Bob. Unfortunately, this method did not work.  It did help in that I was able to clear out data from an older version.  

Nate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Were you able to get this resolved? I am experiencing the same thing along with the save-as file name no longer being automatically highlighted when I do comand-shift-s.

Do I need to purchase the lastest version of Photoshop? I am running 2020 version.

Kay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me either.  I've had the same problem on my Macbook Pro since my recent install of PSE 2022.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this same problem since installing my new PSE 2022.  Given that it occurred immediatly, I am wondering if the problem is beyond the default preferences settings.  Has anyone else experienced, or found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just purchased PSE 2022 and it is driving me nuts as well.  I have to move the save as box up each time to even save it!

Please advise????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines