• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements stuck at launch window

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I bought Photoshop Elements from the Microsoft Store today. When i launch it, it gets stuck on the launch window 'Setting up environment for first launch', and won't proceed. I have Windows 10 installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried it but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please share your OS details and system configuration?

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Windows 10 Pro installed (version 1903). Systemwise i've got a i7-6820 processor, 16gb ram, and a nvidia gtx 965m.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response. Could you also share the dxdiag report and system information? You can upload the files to OneDrive/Dropbox or any other preferred medium and share its link with me via personal message.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem can you help me aswell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow the following steps and let us know if this fixes your issue:

1. Uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020.
  2. Change the default location for Microsoft Store to Bootable drive[C:\]. Location can be changed as per below article https://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Default-Installation-Location-on-Windows-10  
  3. Install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 again from Store and then try launching the application. Purchased applications are listed under "My Library" in Microsoft Store.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem trying to install Photoshop Element 2015 purchased through the Windows Store.  If installed directly to the D drive, it would hang forever on the initial setup launch screen.

The following worked great for me.  Change the System, Storage settings in Windows to install new apps (temporarily) to the C: system drive.   Install Photoshop Elements and launch it and let it go through setup on the C: system drive.  Then, after that's complete, close the app, go to Apps settings in Windows 10, find the Photoshop Elements app (sorting apps on size makes it easy to find!), and move Photoshope Elements to an internal non-system drive of your choice.  In my case, I have a 512 Gb SSD C: drive that I don't want to fill up with 2 Gb Plus of Photoshop Elements and a 2 Tb 7200 rpm SATA D drive, 32 Gb of RAM and an nVidia RTX 2070 Super with 8 Gb of RAM - so I have no need to consume C: drive space for just an occasional use of Photoshop Elements.

I also found with the Windows Store version of Photoshope Elements 15 that the DxO Nik Collection 3 filters worked fine if I specified the external plug-ins location in the PSE 15 Preferences, Filters settings (D:\Program Files\DxO\Nik Collection) but then had to exit and restart PSE 15 before the 3rd party filters would show up at the bottom of the PSE 15 Filters drop-down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to figure it out? I have the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @rupeshknn,

Could you please mention if you're facing this issue with the application purchased via Microsoft store? If not, then please mention the OS details and the application version with which you're facing issues.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines