• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements TIFFs with layer masks do not display correctly when saved

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure other people must have this problem, but I cannot find any related posts   If I open and edit an image in Photoshop Elements and save the file as a TIFF, the saved file does not appear as expected in finder or on the desktop correctly whenever the edit contains a layer mask. The file displays only the masked element. The rest of the image is white. It makes no difference if the image is flattened or not. The image appears just fine when opened in photoshop but the image cannot be sent to another person or printed. Is this a confirmed bug, or is there some setting I have not correctly configured or some other issue?

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found half of the problem, that is the issue occurs once I paint on the layer mask.  Once I do that the tiff no longer saves correctly.  Same happens if I save as a psd file.  Is there a bug in PSE v19?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. Were you able to resolve this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Martin, the short answer is yes but it's been so long and more importantly I moved on to Affinity Photo so I no longer have PSE installed to revisit my solution. What I can offer is that I went through my project step by step to ID when the problem occurred and once I identified the action and sequence that caused the problem I was able to avoid the issue in the future. The frustration though is what pushed me to use Affinity Photo which is less restraining than PSE and if you understand PSE the transition is not a difficult leap. Sorry I can't help more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines