Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements turns white

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new here, and I recently downloaded the trial version of Photoshop Elements 2023, but I am not happy with the interface being white. It is really hard on my eyes at night. know that there are older versions that have dark gray/green interfaces. It doesn't seem like there is a way to change it to a darker color. What version of Photoshop Elements was the last one that was that dark gray/green?

Thanks

-M

TOPICS
Feature request , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where do you buy older versions of Photoshop Elements? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2022 is the most recent change to a lighter UI.  But I think you would have to go back to Elements 10 for a really dark interface.   Here is a comparison between Elements 2021, 2022 and Elements 10. 

Snap_2022.12.10_00h46m24s_000.pngIf the purpose of your question is to find an older version to buy, you would have to look on eBay or some similar marketplace to get an older version of Elements.  Be careful, as there are a lot of scammers who will sell you software with invalid licenses.

If you have a photo open in the Elements 2023 Editor, it is still possible to change the background of the canvas while you are editing, by right-clicking on it:

Snap_2022.12.10_0h55m37s_006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too strongly recommend dark modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new here, and I recently downloaded the trial version of Photoshop Elements 2023, but I am not happy with the interface being white.

-M

By @michael27510857q6d4

If you see the interface as white (like many users), the first thing to do is set the luminosity of your display to a lower brightness. Out of factory, most display are much, much too bright. A shown in Geg's screenshots, the interface is NOT white, it's light grey.

The choice of interface depends primarily on your lighting and viewing conditions and the type of reading/editing you are doing. My ageing eyes are much more comfortable with the current choice of Elements. I have the choice of interface with Bridge, and you know what, the dark mode has never worked for me.

All those who prefer a dark mode should add their vote to your post to let Adobe know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

Where can we 'add our votes'? The only site I found did not list any Elements programs where we could let our wishes be known.

Thanks... Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael,

Where can we 'add our votes'? The only site I found did not list any Elements programs where we could let our wishes be known.

Thanks... Barry

By @bjtap

There is no other specific way to let Adobe know that you want to report a bug or a feature request in the Elements forum, contrary to the 'pro' softwares like Photoshop, Illustrator or Acrobat. The forum is monitored by Adobe Staff and the best way to call attention is to get many votes by other users.

Vote-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines