• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Vintage Illustration Engraving Filter

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I found a series of "engraving" or "etching" filters/effects on myPhotoshop Elements 14.1. One of the filters/effects was (as I recall) "Vintage newspaper illustration engraving (or etching)". It was really neat. However, I'd be damned if I could find these filters/effects again and spend the entire weekend with no luck. I see that there are some "add-ons" that you can download from the internet, but I am certain these engraving/etching filters/effects were built in, but not readily visible. It seems I must have stumbled upon this list. Does anyone know where these etching/engraving filters/effects can be found? There should be a list of different kinds (including one for "vintage newspaper illustration"). Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, please verify if you're talking about Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements. Are you looking for  filter to create a photo or a video effect. That alone makes a huge difference.

I do not know that Premiere Elements ever included a filter for creating an engraved look on a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Steve - thanks for your reply! I'm sorry and excuse me, after I sent my post, I could see the error - it should have read "Adobe Photoshop Elements 14" (it is bundled with the Adobe Premiere Elements), but I could not edit my post. Yes, I am having difficulty relocating a series of filters/effects that I came across by chance last week - all had to do with engraving/etching, one of which was "Vintage newspaper illustration engraving/etching" which was very interesting and surprising. However, after 2-1/2 days of solid searching everywhere (including internet), could not find any reference (except some add-on actions). Also searched my Photoshop CS5 and could not find. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you, Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've edited your original post and moved this thread to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Bob and sorry to trouble you! Best Regards, Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's part of the "old fashioned photo guided edit."

These screenshots are from pse 2021.

2021-08-10_044025.jpg

2021-08-10_044006.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Glenn - 

Thank you so much for your quick response and effort! I have checked and while it is not exactly from the list of presets I had previously seen (and I'm still looking for!) it is close and may even be good enough for my purposes. You are definitely in the right ballpark and we are on the right track. It also eases my suspicions that I may have been hallucinating or "seeing things"! The original list I saw was also a series of presets, but had the words "vintage newspaper illustration" and "engraving/etching" (as I recall). I now kick myself for not taking a screenshot at the time (if I do come across that list by chance, I'll post it!). I'm a little bit frustrated and surprised to discover that Photoshop Elements has quite a few nifty presets/effects but they are spread out and imbedded throughout the program and cannot be found in one place. But the preset you've found is also great and I'll try to work with it. Thanks again! Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it easier to make my own "oldie style" graphics using variosu textures I've downloaded. 

textures are nothing more than picutres of things-  a board, a stained peice of paper-  even a picture of a sidewalk up close-- add it, change the layer style to overlay, and done. 

Untitled-4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Glenn - 

The idea of using various surfaces and textures as overlays is a great idea - I will try these out! Thanks for all your help and these additional tips, very much appreciated! Best Regards - Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines