• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop multiplatform or operating system (Windows, Apple) specific?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop elements 14 on my iMac, there is nothing on the software licence envelope to tell me whether it is multiplatform or restricted to just my apple operating system or can also be used on my laptop (it runs Windows)  as well.  How do I tell?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Problem solved.

The Photoshop Elements was brought as an envelope (with minimal information) with a licence number which was used to download the software from Adobe.  This was originally done to an iMac and then, using the same licence number, about 12 months later downloaded to a laptop running Windows.  So the same licence number will download to both.  Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to tell is to try installing it on your Windows laptop and see if the serial number is accepted.

Download from: Download Photoshop Elements | 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded versions are single platforms.

Boxed versions bought from big retailer stores are dual platform, only those do share the same license number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved.

The Photoshop Elements was brought as an envelope (with minimal information) with a licence number which was used to download the software from Adobe.  This was originally done to an iMac and then, using the same licence number, about 12 months later downloaded to a laptop running Windows.  So the same licence number will download to both.  Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines