• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Organizer tags

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC crashed so I had to buy a new one. Had all my pictures on a separate disk. But had to reinstall Photoshop.

So, how do I retrive my tags for all the pictures for the backup of organizer 14 and in to organizer 2023?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Organizer is specific to Photoshop Elements.

Could a moderator move this post to the Photoshop Elements forum?

I'll keep an eye to answer as soon as it is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum @MichelBParis .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My PC crashed so I had to buy a new one. Had all my pictures on a separate disk. But had to reinstall Photoshop.

So, how do I retrive my tags for all the pictures for the backup of organizer 14 and in to organizer 2023?

By @Bjørn Harald27848783wg9w

Hi @Bjørn Harald27848783wg9w

Your pictures are still safe on your external drive, but the tags you have added are stored by default only in your catalog folder in the crashed computer.

So, to recover those tags, the first thought is: did you make recently a backup from the catalog manager?

If your old computer does not work but is still available, would it be possible to recover the main drive, which may still be valid?  Then it may be possible to use it again by inserting it in an external USB drive enclosure and recover the catalog folder.

Apart from regular organizer full backups, there are two ways to stay partly protected in case of a computer crash or disparition.

You can move your catalog to the same external drive which contains your photos.

You can 'write metadata to files' which writes the tags in the photo files themselves (in the metadata header).

It's probably too late now, but that can be useful for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines