• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop - reinstall old version

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had an older copy of photoshop years back. Somehow it got deleted from my computer. Is there any way to track the version, and reload it from my email address?

I now have an iMac  and really want to put it on here. my iMac is older and will not support the newest version. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version? Adobe provides free downloadable installers going back to CS4. You do need your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had adobe photoshop elements 7 and adobe premiere elements 7 and yes it was on a windows PC. Now I have an iMac running el Captian I have pictures of the serial number and everything from the package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My x Sister in law sent me all the information on the box as she somehow got ahold of it. She is in Ohio and I in Colorado. So if you could please help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Photoshop Elements 7 does not have a Mac installer.

Download Photoshop Elements 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, photoshop elements 7 and premiere elements 7 were windows only.

There were no mac versions.

Photoshop Elements system requirements

Adobe Premiere Elements system requirements

Suggest you look at buying the current pse 2018 and pre 2018 versions that will work on your mac.

https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html?promoid=V2XYKZ3B&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told you before I  have an older IMAC and it does not support the new version, That being said which version do u suggest I down load. I have and IMAC 2.4  GHz, 4gb, core 2 duo. Thank you all for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mickeyrose62  wrote

I now have an iMac  and really want to put it on here. my iMac is older and will not support the newest version. Thanks

Does this mean that you were using a Windows PC previously, and that you had a Windows version of Photoshop?  If yes, then prior to Creative Cloud, you could not easily swap platforms, and I doubt it would even be possible with older versions of Photoshop this far into CC. 

If you registered your old version of Photoshop, you will be able to find it by logging on to your Adobe ID, and clicking on My Orders (if my memory is right).  You'll also find your serial number.

If it was CS3 or older, then the activation servers are no longer available, and you need a special download that does not need activating.  As Gene has told you, we need specific information before we can give a full answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also running el capitan and it is all up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop elements 2018 will work on El Capitan os x 10.11.6.

I actually have pse 2018 on a mac running  El Capitan.

As far as older versions, any photoshop shop elements version from photoshop elements 6 on should work on El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I have one more question. I have read the you have to pay for the CC part of this program.  Does this mean I have to pay to use my program should I purchase  the new 2018 program combo? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, photoshop elements 2018 and premiere elements 2018 are not part of the creative cloud.

You should not have to buy anything but photoshop elements and/or premirere elements as a permanent perpetual license, no subscription fees.

Since the creative cloud came out, adobe for some inexplicable reason thinks naming every program with the year included is cool, but it just confuses users when adobe uses 2018 in the photoshop elements and photoshop cc name and these aren't even the real version numbers, which further confuses users.

Photoshop elements 2018 is actuality version 16 and photoshop cc 2018 is actually photoshop version 19.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 2:12 PM, Jeff Arola<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

photoshop - reinstall old version

created by Jeff Arola in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

No, photoshop elements 2018 and premiere elements 2018 are not part of the creative cloud.

You should not have to buy anything but photoshop elements and/or premirere elements as a permanent perpetual license, no subscription fees.

Since the creative cloud came out adobe for some inexplicable reason thinks naming every program with the year included is cool, but it just confuses users when adobe uses 2018 in the photoshop elements and photoshop cc name and these aren't even the real version numbers, which further confuses users.

Photoshop elements 2018 is actuality version 16 and photoshop cc 2018 is actually photoshop version 19.0.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10181531#10181531 and clicking ā€˜Correctā€™ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10181531#10181531

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pse 6 and 8 use Adobe Bridge instead of the organizer on the mac side, while versions 9 thru 2018 use the Organizer instead of Bridge on the mac side.

Pse 6 thru pse 11 are 32 bit, while pse 12 thru pse 2018 are 64 bit, meaning 32 bit versions can use up to about 3,2 gb of ram, while 64 bit versions can use as ram as you have on your machine.

Generally the newer the version of pse you can get the more compatible in theory it should be with El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 92 and have a new laptop,I had Adobephoto shop 11 on my old laptop,can I download this on my new laptop . the photoshop 11 was bought for me by my late son and I hope to use it to make a slideshow of his mothers garden,thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it was registered, you can to log in to your Adobe account and may have a download available.

You will need the serial number:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines