• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop terminates when using several tools

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the so called important updates from Microsoft, Photoshop 2015 suddenly had a ton of problems.  Like an idiot, I uninstalled all the components, purchased the 2018 version, only to have the same problem.  I downloaded all the new updates, but that doesn't seem to work.  I'm not sure what the exact name is, but the cut out tool, doesn't work period, and then photoshop terminates.  What the hell?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Are you using Photoshop *Elements* on newly updated Windows 10 1803?  See here:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10399008#10399289

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is being answered as if you're asking about Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements, although that's the forum you've posted to:

Try turning off the GPU in:  (PS) Preferences  / Performance - uncheck Use Graphics Processor, and if that works, turn it back on and mess with the Advanced options to see which combination allows it to work while keeping as much acceleration as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm sure this would help, but I need to know exactly where these suggestions are located.  You're dealing with a fossil who is technically challenged. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Photoshop or Photoshop elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Photoshop CC 2018 on Windows 10:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.  However, I keep getting this prompt that says something about an integer from 50 to 8?  And I'm unable to select performance.  Again, Photoshop terminates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Photoshop *Elements* on newly updated Windows 10 1803?  See here:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10399008#10399289

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I tried this and it works perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines