• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoshopServer System Error [PS Elements]

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a popup error message even when not using Photoshop.

I have uninstalled a resinstalled the software but the problem persits. Attached is a screen shot.

[Moderator moved to Photoshop Elements.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall ps, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

restart your computer

reinstall ps

kglad_0-1616847596645.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you are using Photoshop. But it looks very much as if you are using Photoshop ELEMENTS. If you are, don't try and do anything related to Creative Cloud, that would be useless or worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file missing.jpg

You're right, I'm using Photoshop Elements and this is the message I keep getting. I don't use the Creative Cloud at all....as far as I know. In the past I've only installed from disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're probably going to need to reinstall.  you could try resetting your preferences first:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html

http://www.photokaboom.com/photography/learn/Photoshop_Elements/troubleshooting/1_delete_preference...

but if that fails,

properly uninstall (do not delete) using the windows uninstaller. 

restart your computer. 

reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now a year since I first had the problem and despite uninstalling Photoshop Elements and reinstalling it the problem persists. The message pops up twice in fact at the same time. It's annoying but I've become use to it and just close each popup.

When I had an old version of Elements which was installed from disc I had no issues with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you successfully reset your preferences and confirm that you were successful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attachment shows what comes up when I try to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no attachment unless you mean the one that shows you what happens when you try to open pse, and that's irrelevant to resetting preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope the attachment works this time. 🤞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why the attachment doesn't load. Sorry, I'll have to put
up with the issue for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that you are replying by email? If so, don't do that; attachments are lost. Reply in the forum only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that information. I'll try again.

PE-missing-file-web.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have shown screenshots with two different dll problems, and there may be more.

search your other adobe 64 bit programs for all the missing dll's and copy them to your photoshop elements 2021 folder.  (don't overwrite anything if they're already there.)

if you can't find them on your computer, search those 64 bit dlls on https://www.dll-files.com/

downloading system files is an especially risky proposition so, if you do download, you should scan everything downloaded for malware and viruses and any other security program you have available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping. I've followed your suggestion but still get the same
message. It's very frustrating. Think I'm ready to give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what dll's were involved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you have?

Which version of PS Elements?

See Photoshop Elements System Requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PE 2021 190X64 (20210811.m.158081)
The error message that comes up is icucnv58.dll
It was suggested that I uninstall Elements and reinstall and since that
time the message comes up twice, one after the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you've posted two DIFFERENT error messages about two different dll's.

hence my last post wondering if you needed to make more than two corrections.  but now after seeing your last post, it appears you failed to grasp that there are multiple different error messages, not the same message repeated.  you probably therefore only corrected one of the problems, and not the second.

you'll need to pay attention to details to solve these problems following the steps i've already listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was advised to reset my preferences and when I tried to do that the second error message re a dll came up, the recurring error message is icucnv58.dll.

I have followed the instructions I was given, firstly by uninstalling the program and resintalling it and as a result of that the message always appears twice.

I have downloaded the dll and copied it to my system folder in Windows.

Believe me, I am trying to follow the instructions given so that I can have the problem free software I thought I had purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

someone will probably need to check your computer.  i'm not sure adobe will help you with an non-current version, but give it a try:

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines