• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing a bookmark in organizer

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have approx. 10,000 photos ib my organizer catalog. I would like to mark where I quit browsing in my catalog so that I could return to where I was when I last close the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it would be great to be able to save (to freeze) one's working session settings including selections, search queries, zoom level, detailed view, sort order and more to restart from the same point. I don't know if such a feature request would be easy to implement, but it's a good idea.

In the meantime, with a more modest scope, we could find workarounds to bookmark a specific file if your browsing conditions are simple enough, for instance, no selection or search results, no selected folders, same sort order.

- suggestion #1: create a keyword category 'bookmarks'. when you stop your session you assign a keyword like _BkMk220311 based on the date in that category for the image in the top left corner of the grid. To recall that image, simply check the checkbox for that keyword. The selected image appears alone. Another click to uncheck and you get the following images.

- suggestion #2: if like me you don't regularly use the 'hide' feature, select all the visible images in the grid and hide them. Easy to select and unhide those files to get back to the last session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MichaelBParis,

thanks so much for the suggestion #1.  It works for what I want.

Again thank you,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines