• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

placing of transparency in the Layers module is messed up in latest update of Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just now Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 forced an update.  The update contains a huge problem in the Layers module that did not previously exist. Layers was working perfectly well before this "update". 

TECHNICAL DETAILS OF MY CURRENT INSTALLATION

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 19.0 (20210811.m.158081) x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, HyperThreading

THE PROBLEM

When I use the Place command to insert a mask as a layer I should be getting this ....

Photoshop Elements disaster update_what I should be seeing after Layers Place.JPG

Instead I am getting this ---

Photoshop Elements disaster update_main screen.JPG

Please fix !

One other problem: when I click on the "Turn layer off" icon there is about a five second delay before the icon changes to show that it is turned off. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version of the layers module has other problems too.    How do I reinstall the old version ?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are inaccuracies in my post.  My background was white. So not a surprise that the sky in the placed transparency should be white.

However. just now I found I can not stretch a placed mask... 

Anyway, the old version worked fine for me.  I would like to reinstall it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could revise my posts... this is a very unforgiving way of communicating.. there are corrections I would like to make that I cannot make.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can edit a reply.  Click on the *** More icon at the bottom of the reply box to access this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@boblite2, Click on the "••• More" at the bottom of your post. You'll get a pop-up with the "Edit Message" button.

Edit Post.jpg

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before we say you've found a bug(s) you should reset the pse 2021 editor preferences and see if that fixes the issues.

In the pse 2021 editor go to Edit>Preferences>General and click on Reset Preferences on next launch and restart the pse 2012 editor.

Screenshot-(260).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Unfortunately, new forum users are not allowed to edit their posts.  The ability to do so becomes available after an unknown (to me) posting level has been achieved.] 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines