• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-Ins not being Plug-Ins

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Topaz and Snap as Add-Ons or Plug-Ins.  

In Editor, I go to Edit - Preferences - Plug-Ins, browse and locate Topaz or Snap, press OK - and nothing.

This is on my new 2022 Elements.  In previous versions, the Plug-Ins did show up under Filter, although only one at a time would do so, not both at the same time.

Can you advise me of any suggestion to get it, or them, onto Edit.

Thank you,

Ian Julian

Writer/Photographer

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

TOPICS
Bug , Creative , Feature request , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the plugins up to date?

Try reinstalling the plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Topaz plug-ins do you have?  Over the years, there have been installation problems with them and a number of change of names/locations of the installation folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Studio 2.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I haven't used that one in a while.  So, I just downloaded the latest version from my Topaz account and installed it.  As you have probably found, the installer failed to install the plug-in into Elements 2022.  So, I went to the C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2 folder and copied the tltopazstudio2ps_x64.8bf file and pasted it in the following folder:  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022\Plug-Ins.

The Studio 2 plug-in now appears under filters as expected.

Snap_2022.02.01_15h59m30s_003.png

Added:  I'm not familiar with a Snap plug-in, but a similar process should be found.  Plug-ins generally have an .8bf extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for that, as you have just done it, and I think it may be my solution. (It is Snap Art 4.)

Unfortunately, I am useless at understanding files.  I think it should be done in just a few steps, so would be very grateful if you could show a step by step how I get the file copied to another location etc. I have Windows 11.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Windows 11 but I assume the same steps as Win 10 will be available.

1. If you have not already done so, download the latest version of the Studio 2 program from the Topaz site.  It should be available in your Topaz account profile. 
  2. Install the Studio 2 program.
  3. Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2
  4. In the Topaz Studio 2 folder you will find a file named tltopazstudio2ps_x64.8bf.  Select the file and press Ctrl+C to copy the file.
  5. In Windows File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022\Plug-Ins.
  6. Click on any blank space within the Plug-Ins folder and press Ctrl+V.  This will paste the file into the folder.

Do not be confused by the appearance of the Photoshop Elements 2022 folder which has a colored icon rather than the normal yellow folder that you may be familiar with. The Plug-ins folder icon is also colored.

Snap_2022.02.02_11h7m35s_001.pngSnap_2022.02.02_11h8m45s_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I am not able to get it to work, but am sure that if and when I see soemone who understands files better than me, we will get it resoolved by following your intructions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines