• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to install Photoshop Elements on new laptop?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop Elements for my older laptop about four or five years ago and have recently upgraded to a new one. Is it possible to install the program on my new PC (Windows 10). To complicate matters, I cannot find my original key code.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can install on your new laptop - as long as you have your serial number.  You should be able to find it in your Adobe.com account profile.  Try this link and it should take you to your product registration page.  You will have to sign in to your account to see it.

Although you are entitled to have the program installed on 2 machines, it would be best if you sign out of the program on your old computer (unless you are still using it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simlar problem, but my elements 12 appears to be not registered on my adobe account and adobe is telling me that my serial number is in use (yes it is on my old exsiting computer PC) and therefore unable to 'sign out' of the ele12 on my existing PC.  I cannot even see where to 'log in' to adobe using elements 12 other than going through the support tab

I have all of the old original boxes.  I have backed up all of my photos (catalogue) so need to be able to install 'elements 12' on my new computer (PC).  Can you or anyone else suggest a solution? I hope I am not highjacking the original question, but it may also be related with the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David5E91:

Do you have your serial number?  To sign out of the Elements 12 Editor, go to the Help>Sign out command.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.08.18_12h58m30s_004_.png

Your account must be registered, otherwise Support would not have been able to tell you that the license is in use.  The email account that you used to sign in will show up under the Help>sign out command.

If you can't find the serial number, use the email address that shows up under the Help menu to sign into Adobe.com, using the link I posted in my reply to the OP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you - all sorted now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines