• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer leaving blank white space.

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently started to do 5x7 photos and the printer (HP Envy 5055), started leaving a 1" or 2" blank space at the bottom of the photo. After many tries it continued so then I printed the 5x7 on 8.5x11 paper and it printed fine. I ran into this several years ago but this one just started doing it last week. I tried printing in another program and it did the same thing. Any solutions? Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You state: "Then I printed the 5x7 on 8.5x11 paper and it printed fine." 

It seems to me that this operation would result in more than 1-2" blank space.

Be that as is may, have you set the printer for 5x7 paper and is the picture cropped/resized to 5x7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. All settings were correct. Checked and triple checked. There is a border when you put a 5x7 photo on 8.5x11 paper. I'm saying it only does this malfunction on the 5x7 paper. It's worked fine for a few years on this printer and like I said I've had this issue another printer prior to this one too. I tend to think it's the printer. Very odd. I am in touch with HP and they couldn't figure it out yet either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines