• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printer recognition

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe elements 11 can not print having installed a new printer,?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any one know 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?  Version??

Do you have the latest driver for the printer? Check on the manufacturer's website.

Can you print from another application?

Any error messages?

Are you trying to print from Editor or from Organizer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10. I ca only print if i right click a photo in explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have installed the printer driver and can print from other applications, this type of problem can generally be solved by resetting the preferences file.  I don't have a version as old as 11 on my machine right now so can't check this myself, but try going to the Editor's Edit>Preferences dialog.  Newer versions have a button to reset the preferences on next launch.  If your version has it, try that.  Otherwise, come back and I will point you to other ways to reset the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a brand new printer. Have the updated drivers. Can only print from explorer if i right click and press print. I can not print via adobe elements 11 which I could through my very old printer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The printer may be new, but that does not guarantee that you have the latest driver. Do check on the web site of the company that produced the printer and install it. Many printers can be plugged in to a computer running Windows 10 and they can print because Microsoft has incorporated  generic drivers in the operating system. Obviously that does not work for you.

If an updated driver does not fix it, reset preferences to default in PSE:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file..

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. 

We look forward to your progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines