• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer settings not showing

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021. My printer is an HP Photosmart B109n. When I try to set up the printer settings, nothing shows eg the Paper Type shows as Unknown and the Paper Size dropdown box is empty.

The printer works fine with other software eg Word.

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS Elements.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go on the HP website and check  if you have the latest driver.

2. Are you trying to print via the Editor or via the Organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not replying sooner. I have only just spotted your comment.

I have been on the HP website and checked the drivers. The driver for my printer was last updated on 29 July 2015. This implies that it is not Windows 10 compatible but I use it with no problem for everything else eg Microsoft 365 products.

I am printing from Editor. I have never used Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two suggestions:

Call HP support and check with them if there is another driver and/or updated firmware compatible with PSE 2021.

As a test, try printing via the Organizer, The print engines in Editor & Organizer are not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

. . .   You can also try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines