Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing label direct to CD with PE 2020 and Canon TS700 series printer

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

First time posting to this discussion group, and my apologies for the length of this post.

Question: Is anyone using Photoshop Elements 2020 to write labels directly to printable CDs using a Canon PIXMA TS700 series inkjet printer?

Background: For 13 years I was using an Epson R280 inkjet to print labels directly to printable CDs.  Never used the Epson CD label designing software, always used PE 12, upgraded to PE 2020 about a year ago.   Disliked PE’s Create CD label software, always printed from a template I got from Riverwood Photography a long time ago, and I don’t remember how I managed before that.

Epson label printing finally became treacherous: text ghosting and stray marks on the label.  

Ditched the Epson, bought a Canon PIXMA TS702.   Didn’t install the ‘My Image Garden’ CD label software (everyone seems to hate it), and don’t like ‘Easy PhotoPrint Editor’ which I find clunky and inflexible.   I **should** be able to create a label directly from PE 2020    

These are the PE 2020 settings I use when attempting to write a label directly to printable CD:

Left half of display (when I press Page Setup): 

Currently Used Settings: Photo Printing

Additional Features:  3 options all UN-checked

Media Type:  Oher Papers: Printable disc

Print Quality:  High

Printer Paper Size:  Multipurpose Tray

Page Source:  Multipurpose Tray

Always Print with Current Settings:  UN-checked

Printer Paper Size: Multipurpose Tray

Paper Source: Multipurpose Tray

Printer Media Information: (leave alone)

Defaults: (Don’t press this!!)

Right half of display:

Select Printer:  Canon Inkjet  (assigned name)

Printer Settings:

Paper Type:  Printable disc)

Print Quality: Best

Tray: Multipurpose Tray

Select Paper Size:   Multipurpose Tray

Select Type of Print:  Individual Prints 

Select Print Size:  Actual Size (4.72” x 4.72”)

Print 1 copies  

The Canon printer goes nuts when I hit Print.  Sometimes it throws a code 1259 (pull the output tray out – makes no sense because I’m using the separate multipurpose CD tray) – or a 1300 (paper jam – which make no sense because I’m not using paper media), or a 6004 (printer error, which is non-specific, but hints that if turning the thing off and on again doesn’t fix it I’m in big trouble). 

So it’s possible the unit is defective and I need to replace it.

Meanwhile I am wondering whether anyone sees anything amiss with the above print setup AND whether anyone has printed CD labels directly from a 4.72” x 4.72” image – or is aware of a suitable template.

Many thanks for any info.

Russ

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

1. Suggest that you download the Avery template

2. Open the template in Photoshop Elements. With the rulers open, you can eye-ball the dimensions, or ascertain them via the info palette

3. Go to File>place and point to your graphic and see if it will fit comfortably. You can adjust the size with the corner handles or crop it to suit. You don't have to print the label, of course.

4. Print the CD-R with a program compatible with the Canon driver and firmware.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Template for Avery 5931 CD Labels 8-1/2" x 11" | Avery.com

You can download free Avery templates. These are in PSD file format and open in Photoshop Elements Editor. Just add grasphic & text to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Avery templates are for peel-off sticky labels.  I want to use the Canon PIXMA TS702 inkjet print to print directly onto the coated printable CD surface, using Photoshop Elements 2020.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back when I was using an Epson R280 inkjet, I printed CD labels from an A4-sized canvas with the label placed a precise distance from the top and left margins.  

My question is: when using Photoshop Elements 2020 with the CanonTS702 to write a label design directly to printable CD, what should be the CANVAS size which contains the label image?   4.72"  x 4.72" or something else?

Easy Photoprint Editor is not an oprion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Suggest that you download the Avery template

2. Open the template in Photoshop Elements. With the rulers open, you can eye-ball the dimensions, or ascertain them via the info palette

3. Go to File>place and point to your graphic and see if it will fit comfortably. You can adjust the size with the corner handles or crop it to suit. You don't have to print the label, of course.

4. Print the CD-R with a program compatible with the Canon driver and firmware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out it is possible to use Photoshop Elements 2020 to print directly to inkjet CD using the Canon TS702.  Works fine with canvas size 4.72mm x 4.72 (120 mm  120 mm).   Which means I don';t have to fool around with Easy PhotoPrint Editor at all. 

The Canon instructional video for printing directly to CD is very helpful, but it could use a coupleof tweaks.  It should warn you to make sure the output tray is NOT pushed in all the way before you hit Print. It hould be about flush with the front surface of the printer. The TS702 wants to prompt you to do that.  If the tray is already pushed in, the printer gets all ypset and tells you to pull it out again.  And if you want to print to more than one CD you need to pull the output tray out again, to the flush position. In general the video should mention the screen prompts the user will see.

Thanks Russ. I knew I could depend on you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines