• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PRINTING NEATO DVD LABELS - 220 DPI ALERT

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I receive the following alert when printing a Neato DVD Label Template, even though my pasted image and text exceed the 220 dpi?

"The following images will be rendered at less than 220 dpi at the requested print size"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

PremiereAndy327  wrote

Why do I receive the following alert when printing a Neato DVD Label Template, even though my pasted image and text exceed the 220 dpi?

"The following images will be rendered at less than 220 dpi at the requested print size"

This admonition has plagued us for years, through several versions of PSE!!!. Simply ignore it and print; your output will be fine.

Note: there is some confusion here - dpi=dots per inch, which is determined by the print-head of your printer.

ppi=pixels per

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PremiereAndy327  wrote

This admonition has plagued us for years, through several versions of PSE!!!. Simply ignore it and print; your output will be fine.

Note: there is some confusion here - dpi=dots per inch, which is determined by the print-head of your printer.

ppi=pixels per inch, which refers to the resolution of the image file. For printing, it is recommended that the resolution be in the 240-300px/in range, though I have printed satisfactorily below 240.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to still be an issue here in late 2020, yes? When I print a 300ppi image, I'm getting the same message: "The following images will be rendered at less than 300 dpi at the requested print size." I'm printing on a Brother MFC-J870DW. The images look fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jack154A, as hatstead states in his reply, dpi (dots per inch) is different than ppi (pixels per inch).  The DPI is more a function of the printer and changes based on the quality of output you select e.g. draft, normal or best.   Since you are happy with the print result, you can ignore the warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thanks, I get the distinction between PPI and DPI. But I'm curious as to why, when I'm targeting a printer w/ >1200DPI capabilities, PS Elements indicates that the image will be printed at <300DPI (even though it doesn't actually appear to print at that low a resolution.) Is it simply not a meaningful message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines