• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I print anything (I make greeting cards) it always tells me that at the size I want it will be printed at less than 300dpi. The size is usually A4.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive this prompt intermittently as well. Simply ignore it as the greeting card will print just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. If I am honest I am disappointed with  the new version of Photoshop. It seems to make its own mind up about what to print and what size. But thanks anyway for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you tell us about the deficiencies that you encounter, perhaps we can offer a resolution. 

The message about 300 dpi refers to a determinant as it relates to the printer (dpi=dots per inch)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. If I am honest I am disappointed with  the new version of Photoshop. It seems to make its own mind up about what to print and what size. But thanks anyway for the help.

By @Doreen25461507ll2s

No, this stupid message has been present for many years, and NO, the message does not mean that there is any variation in print quality.

@hatstead  is right that dpi (dots per inch) is totally irrelevant there, you must state ppi (pixels per inch) or ppc (pixels per centimeter = 118.11). You can do your maths and see that you are printing with the right number of pixels.

Just define a resolution of 301 ppi or 119 ppc and you don't get the dreaded message which no longer appears. So that looks like a rounding error. Everything looks like you are printing at 299 ppi...

On the other hand, there is nothing magical about the old 300 number. Even for a small print seen from very close,  300 ppi is definitely superior to what your eyes can see. Today, experts agree that 240 ppi is still acceptable.

I don't understand why the message has not been changed to a more realistic value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Doreen25461507ll2s Thanks for reporting this issue, could you please share the screenshot of the message. We would track this issue inhouse. Will keep you posted with the progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The initial post from Doreen was on Oct. 25, 2022. The message appears randomly in my experience.

It showed up from time to time with my old Lexmark printer, but since I replaced it with an Epson printer it has not shown up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines