• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem importing from a memory card to elements orgaizer

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly I cannot import photos from a card reader to adobe photoshop elements 12 because I get a message saying "device not found>" I can import from the camera directly and from the memory card to "pictures" on windows so I know it is not a defective card. Any thoughts.

Thanks

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the card, and I suppose you have used the same card reader successfully to download the pictures to your computer with Windows.

You don't have another card reader to try importing?

If the card reader is recognized in the Windows explorer (you see the drive letter and the contents of the card), can you try to import 'from files and folders' to see if that makes a difference? In that case, the files are not transferred to the computer, they are just registered in the catalog and shown in the organizer. Then you could try to move them from the card to the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several cards and my only card reader. I will buy another card
reader and try that. I don"t think it is a defective card because it works
from the same card when I hook a cord from the camera to the computer. I'll
try your suggestions. Thanks for your reply.
Best,
Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the refresh list option in the APD dialog?

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.30_14h02m33s_001_.png

Otherwise, try resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a simliar problem with one chip, on one camera.   I was the cause of it.  I had manually deleted some photos while the chip was in the chip reader, isntead of using the camera to do the deleting.

I'ce got a usb dongle (A multi media reader) that I would put the chip in and plug that into a usb port to get organizer to do it's "auto import" stuff.

MY FIX?  I re formatted the chip, using the camera to do the formatting.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines