Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Installing Element 6 on Windows 10 pro

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got Photoshop element 6  (CD) many years back and got now a new computer with windows 10 pro. Photoshop installs from what I can see but then when I double click on it, it does not open.

I have no error message only that it does not open. Same if I click open with element on a picture.

Any clue on what would solve this?

Thanks

Celine

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 6 might not run on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Celine,

Photoshop Elements 6 might not work with Windows 10 or 11, Please upgarde to the latest version of Elements.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People have reported success in running Elements 6 on Windows 10 after running the Adobe Licensing Repair Tool.

See the link in this discussion for the steps

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/can-i-run-photoshop-elements-6-on-wind...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John; 

It sounds like q good idea but when I go to the link and want to download I can not. Would be interesting to know it is restricted to the US !!! I can not find such page on the French site.

I was hoping with your idea I am so desapointed !!! I paid the software and can not use it 

Celine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The links on this page don't work for me on Chrome, but allowing it after a security risk warning in Firefox, I was able to download it:

https://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing_download_eula.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines