• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Photoshop Elements 2018

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 2018 on a laptop and now I want to install it on my new desktop. Is that allowed? If so, why can't I install it on the desktop. After I try to aneter the code, I get a message that my email has been used before. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the serial number, not the redemption code. A redemption code can ony be used once to get a serial number.

See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

and here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html

Install PSE 2018 from your original download or disc and go to the Help > Sign in from the Editor menu and enter your serial number when prompted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that mean that I can only install the program on one computer? 

This serial number/redemption code thing is highly complex and convoluted. All I know is that I followed the instructions on the enclosed documentation and got a message that I could not install the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the extra reply. THe whole point is that I could not install PSE 2018, so I have no access to any menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my remption code and the error I get:

Moderator note:

Please black out or do not post redemption codes or serial numbers on this public forum.

This is not Adobe Support and any user on this forum will have access to this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>This serial number/redemption code thing is highly complex and convoluted.

To simplify, Adobe uses a 24 digit serial number to link your software to your Adobe ID.

You can obtain a 24 digit serial number either:

1. Direct from Adobe when you purchase online, or
  2. Use a redemption code to obtain a serial number. This is your case. You can only use a redemption code once - hence the error message you see in your screenshot above.

Store your 24 digit serial number in a safe place because you will need it every time you re-install the software.

If you've lost your serial number, try logging in to your Adobe account  using the same Adobe ID you used when you first installed the software. Your screenshot suggests you're logged in with a different Adobe ID to the one you used when you obtained your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trinyg to answer my question. I never wrote down the serial number because it's just simple logic that I would be able to get the serial code whenever I want, there was no warning anywhere that I would only get the serial code once. In fact, the instructions say that I can get the serial number whenver I want.

I tried every possible Adobe ID I could think of and never got a serial number.

Lastly, you seem to contradict yourself. You say in yyour answer that "You can only use a redemption code once", and then say "If you've lost your serial number, try logging in to your Adobe account  using the same Adobe ID you used when you first installed the software.

Is there a way that I can get this serial number so that I can install this program on my new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>>Lastly, you seem to contradict yourself. You say in yyour answer that

Let's try a different explanation:

• Redemption codes and serial numbers are two different things
  • A redemption code has one job: to obtain (or redeem) a serial number. Redemption codes are a mix of letters and numbers and can be used once only. You enter your redemption code to obtain a serial number. After that, your redemption code is discarded.
  • Serial numbers are 24 digits, no letters. Your serial numbers is required every time you install or re-install the software in order to license the software.
  • Serial numbers last forever.
  • Your serial number is required every time you re-install the software.

You can locate your serial number by signing in to your Adobe account

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines