• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem opening PDF

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a PDF file from MS Word, and tried to open it in Adobe Photoshop.  I selected both pages, but when Adobe opened the file, it was a blank file without any of the original PDF.   Suggestions?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suzanne, you're posting in the Photoshop Elements forum.  The Ps forum is over here but your question seems germane to both so this PSE kb may help.  Does your multipage PDF contain both text and images?  It probably doesn't matter but I'm curious, when saving did you use the standard "Save" dialog, "Save As...", "Export to PDF", or "Print to PDF", and did you see any options to choose different levels of compatibility?  My gut tells me something's amiss with your file but I'm guessing, and it wouldn't be the first time (or last) I barked up the wrong tree.  Since I don't know for sure, I'd experiment saving your PDF out in Word by a couple different methods and see if that helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem with Elements 2019. I open a PDF to select one page of a multi-page document to turn into an image/photo, (which I've done a zillion times), and now it opens to a blank page. Choose PDFChoose PDFClick on page I wantClick on page I wantTurns into a blank fileTurns into a blank file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? I reinstalled Photoshop and it works. I'd suggest that for all weird problems that pop up with no reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was encountering this same issue, and frankly to be quite honest, this latest iteration of Photoshop Elements for the mac (Photoshop Elements 2021) is so buggy I would be reinstalling it each time I need to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines