Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Problem transfering photos from Samsung S10+ to Adobe Elements 13

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When transferring files from my cell phone, I came to a stop with this message: "File cannot be created,

um:dr:mu:programcard:5bf494bba11f9f15d82b3231.jpg.  Cannote create the specific file. The file name is invalid or you do not have the permission to save to the specific directory."

The file is not found on the phone. I can see that it is a file once acessed from an official danish site (I viewed a video from this site) at some point in time. The transfer process halts when I come to this point and the only option is to press OK which then aborts the transfer process. What to do ?

Secondly, can it really be that Adobe in the "Get Photos" menu does not allow me to select a date interval of the pictures on my phone I wish to import ? If not, is that a possiblity if I upgrade to the newest version of Adobe ?

Thirdly, some videos taken with my Samsung S10+ imports , but will not display in Adobe Elements 13. Can this be fixed (how) and if not, will it work if I upgrade my Adobe to the newest version ?

In advance thanks for any and all help.

TOPICS
Import and export, Organizer, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colons are not allowed in Windows file names.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a file I have created and hence have not added any colons - it is an exact transcript of the error message I get.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the format of the file names?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines