Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Photo Downloader

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running PSE 20 on Mac Catalina.

I usually import images from my DSLR via the memory card.

About two weeks ago I found that I was unable to to import images, receiving instead the message "No valid files found" and "This device does not contain any supported media"  The card is a SanDisk Ultra 2 2GB.  

I have checked that the card is not faulty by successfully downloading the images directly to a folder on my Mac.  I have also tried another card from a different camera which was also rejected.

I would be very grateful if somebody could suggest what the problem might be and ideally come up with a solution.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a brand new camera, and are you using raw files? If so, they may not be compatible with your version of Elements  See this link for a table of compatibility for raw files.  (I assume you are using Elements 2020 which is version 18 of the program).  If so, here is an article that provides a workaround to update the ACR plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your comments Greg.  No, my camera is a couple of years old and I have never had this problem before.  I am not using raw files, only jpegs. will have a look at the article for future reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines