• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Photoshop Elements install of 2022 on Mac

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really not sure why Adobe has referred me to community support for a product I have just purchased from them which won't install! I purchased an upgrade to 2022 Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements yesterday (in frustration because my older version stopped running and wouldn't reinstall). However, when I run the installer it freezes at 4% and just never progresses. Kind of annoying as I had a deadline which is why I rushed to purchase rather than trying to resolve the other version. And now I still can't use either which is VERY annoying and I am about to ask for a refund, unless anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So good news, I managed to get all the installs done, finally. Adding my steps in case it helps anyone....

1. Used Activity Monitor to kill any active processes which could be Adobe related.

2. Moved existing Adobe folders to another location.

3. Moved previous Adobe Elements version folders to external drive.

3. Restarted

4. Managed to install Premiere Elements (yay, finally!). Ran it, then repeated steps 1 and 3 as Elements still wouldn't install.

5. After restart, tried installing Photoshop Elements again and it worked.

It was a lot of faffing but fingers crossed ok now.

*M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So good news, I managed to get all the installs done, finally. Adding my steps in case it helps anyone....

1. Used Activity Monitor to kill any active processes which could be Adobe related.

2. Moved existing Adobe folders to another location.

3. Moved previous Adobe Elements version folders to external drive.

3. Restarted

4. Managed to install Premiere Elements (yay, finally!). Ran it, then repeated steps 1 and 3 as Elements still wouldn't install.

5. After restart, tried installing Photoshop Elements again and it worked.

It was a lot of faffing but fingers crossed ok now.

I hope everyone else has better luck than this.

*M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines