Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with saving tiff files on NAS server

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a NAS Server with a 4TB hard drive that is connected to my Fritz Router. When I save tiff files with PS Elements15 on my server I cannot open the file with any program even though the file size indicates that the file was saved correctly. When I try to open the same file that I just saved with PS, the system tells me that the file cannot be interpreted. Interestingly, when I add a USB stick on my router and save the file there, everything works as normal. I can also safe tiff files on my hard drive with PS and they open normally. I'm using Windows 10 and when I use a different program to create a tiff file (PowerPoint for examble) I can safe and open the file on my server as normal.

This is a rather tricky problem and I don't know where to start. Any advice would be welcome.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know that there is an easy solution, since Adobe recommends against saving or opening directly from NAS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines