• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems with Adobe Online Store and not delivering complete order?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had upgraded PSE 12 to PSE 2021.
Once the installation begun it jumped abruptly from 6% to 100%. And never open any workspace area.

Present situation:
Finally I uninstalled any previous Adobe app and the installation has been completed successfully.
Meanwhile “Adobe” has answered my problem (via email and without name signature) as follows:
"We have several problems with Adobe Online Store and not delivering complete order, so we have to cancel this purchase and refund you, and then will generate the Manual Invoice and help you to Download, Install and Activate PSE 2021 on your Mac."
It adds:".. this product not comes in warranty due to online store error."
And so: "…kindly provide your Adobe registered Email ID and the Password for Adobe.com"

Question:
1.Do you know if that is what may happens with troubleshooting installation?
2.Did you ever had Adobe.care asked you to give
your Adobe registered Email ID and the Password for Adobe.com?

Thank you
Maria

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

#1 No

#2 No

I suspect that this is phishing: the fraudulent practice of sending emails purporting to be from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 No

#2 No

I suspect that this is phishing: the fraudulent practice of sending emails purporting to be from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it seems you are right.
Do you think that may be a future problem that i gave them the serial number of PE?

Thank you,

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have installed the software successfully, I doubt that you will encounter a problem subsequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been very stressed with my ignorance.

Thank you hatstead.

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO!  IT'S A 100% SCAM.  Incomplete sentences... broken english.  Adobe would never ask for that info.

Whats the exact email address that messsage came from? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The email addrress is:

Adobe Systems Incorporated <AdobeInc.Care@outlook.com>

The weird fact is that I had posted on Adobe Support Community-Discussions, on the 22 Sept.

and got (among others public replies) the following private message and I did what suggested, not thinking that it might be a fraude. From this point on the whole communication took place via my email address

Reply guided me.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will never ask you for your password. That's proof it was a scam. But the big questions are

- how did you get in touch with "Adobe" (actually criminal scammers)?

- where did you buy from (to see if it was a real sale or a dangerous fake sale)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought it directly from Adobe on 22 Sept.having already an account.
How I got in touch with the scammers?
I had received a private email in Adobe private/notespage as a reply to my first post (installation troubleshooting) which suggested:
Hi, You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team Email Address:-
AdobeInc.Care@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.
Note:-Compose New Email and Write the Email Address without any Space mentioned above and send Email Team Adobe

(Pls see my above screenshot-post on  Glenn 8675309)

Indeed is very weird, because I never posted except through the Adobe Support Community.
Thank you very much
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That user will be banned in a few minutes, if they have not been banned allready.   There is nothing legitamate about the email you received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shady people join the group, surf a bit and start private messaging people offering simliar looking emails-- it's all an attempt to hijack your account.  If you sent the info- they change your password immediately- effectively locking you out of it.  Next- they start purchasing things using your account info, and use that to sell the registration / serial numbers and downlaod software they have not paid for- but now can register it using your info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Glenn 8675309.

I just notified that private message as inapropriate to moderator.

I hope that it will end here. As, in my ignorance, I gave the serial number

but fortunetly not my account info.

Whew! What a stress!

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria, 

Could you please send me a private message with the email address that was sent from Erik? This type of spam issue has been happening for a while. I will take action and make sure his account is deactivated. If you have any issues with your serial number, please let me know. I already checked your Adobe account and did not see anything wrong yet. 

Thanks,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines