• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

program error

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Elements 2021 19.0, I get a "Could not complete your request because of a progam error" message when I try to open JPG files.  I can open BMP and PNG files with no issue.  Also, when I try to attach any of these JPGs to this post I get this msg:

• The attachment's 0606200949.jpg content type (image/jpeg) does not match its file extension and has been removed.
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

What is the source of the jpg files?  If they are from certain phone apps like Whatsapp, they do not conform to jpeg standards.  If you are on Windows, you can try opening the file in Windows Photos and then save the file with a different name.  You may then be able to open the file in Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Photoshop Elements 2021 19.0, I get a "Could not complete your request because of a progam error" message when I try to open JPG files.  I can open BMP and PNG files with no issue.  Also, when I try to attach any of these JPGs to this post I get this msg:

• The attachment's 0606200949.jpg content type (image/jpeg) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

By @PHIL98A6

The message you are getting from this forum software when you try to attach a file seems to mean that your jpg has been tested and refused because it is indeed a false jpeg with a .jpg extension. It might be a hidden malware.

Did you try to open the jpg in your browser or any of the simple editors available on your computer?

Side note:

Volunteers on Adobe forums are very reluctant to open 'attached' files as prompted by the forum. It's too dangerous for them. They want you to 'embbed' the image by using the 11th icon on the icon bar on top of this answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines