• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elements 2020 "Process Multiple Files ... " not working

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first timer.  please email me at [email removed by moderator] with answer or clue to find this post again.

PS Elements 2020 on MS Window 365.  Regarding "Processing Multipy files" - batch work.

This program worked fine until a few days ago.  Now this "Process Multipe files ..." is not working and I need it for large batch of photos.

Set-up works and I beleive all boxes I need and want are checked.  Photos from and to, with name and extention and dpi set.  No extra processing.  

I see photos go into the new folder but now as a .tmp (temp) file and then appear to overwrite the previous photo.  In the end I only have the last photo.

So, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled.  And it still does not work?????????

Please help.  Thanks Gary

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gary259558241hgi 

I have moved your post from Using the Community to Photoshop Elements. The URL for your post is:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/ps-elements-2020-quot-process-multiple...

The best way to find your posts is to click on your Avator in the upper right corner of the forums. Here is the direct link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/25955824

If you need to find another forum, start here to see the list:

https://community.adobe.com/

Please do not post your email address on these forums again. Neither Adobe nor the volunteers do support by email.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gary259558241hgi, if you did not choose the option to remove settings files when you uninstalled, try resetting the preferences file. Go to the Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.  If that doesn't work, please give us a screenshot of your Process Mulitple files dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realize this is old, but I had same issue.  I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 and 2023 instances (HP desktop and HP laptop - both Windows 11).  I used 'Process Multiple Files' on both - the Task Manager shows it chewing up memory  (6GB+ on 8GG desktop; 11GB+ on 16G laptop) and it hangs APE 2020 and 2023.  I tried the Edit>Preference-General trick above and Reset everything I could, shut down desktop/laptop and restart.   Still got error (screenshot attached).  I was trying to convert about 500 HEIC files to JPG.  It kept running out of memory after 4-5 tries and kept going. But now it won't do it any more - like I ''broke" something.  adobe_photoshop_elements_process_multiple_files_error_annot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eddie25742129h4u5, are the .heic files stored on your C drive or another internal or an external drive? 

How much free space do you have on your system drive? 

Are you getting the same result on both machines with both versions?

Try emptying your recycle bin.

I don't think I have ever seen an error message like that.  I'm assuming it is thrown up by the OS since it seems to be referring to different versions of Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg S:

Thanks - FYI the red text is my edit to indicate same screen shot seen on the laptop (PSE 2023).  

.HEIC files are on an external Western Digital 1TB USB 3.0 drive.  I was able to process about ~300 photos on the desktop (PSE 2020) 3-4 times before the last attempt caused the message you see above.  The system C drive is Windows 11 with old 1TB with about 45% free space.  Recycle bin was empty.  Results are now the same - both desktop and laptop (PSE 2020 and PSE 2023 respectively) will not process multiple files.   Both were used to process until PSE failed and had to be restarted.  The screen message is definitely coming from PSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Latest update - on a whim, I tried Process multiple files on ANOTHER completely different set of source/destination directories - same external drive - it works and no error.  Something apparently wrong with the existing source/destination drives.  FYI - I should have picked up on this as I was transferring SAME external drive between desktop and laptop. Debugging by copying 'damaged' directories to a 8TB desktop drive and will delete/recopy contents manually back onto the external drive to see if I can eliminate whatever is causing the failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines